Email and Phone/Video Consultation
My private practice, classes, and workshops involve direct face-to-face contact. This is how I prefer to work. I have found, however, that I can also help people gain greater self-awareness and learn to move more easily and efficiently through email, phone or video consultation, utilizing SKYPE or Apple's Facetime.
- I will respond to questions at no charge.
- If your problem is complex and will require significant amounts of time, I will let you know that I will charge for further consultation, and what the terms will be. You may then choose whether or not to continue.
The combination of email and phone or video consultation can be highly effective. It works as follows:
- You send me email describing your problem and what you would like to gain from working with me. I read and respond to that email, and outline how we should proceed. There is no charge at this point.
- We set up a phone or video consultation, during which we might explore such things as:
- the role that factors such as excess effort, poor body organization, and lack of self-awareness play in the difficulties you are experiencing,
- practices such as Feldenkrais, T'ai Chi, yoga, and meditation, and what you can gain from them,
- what you should look for in a practitioner near you, and how to best utilize what you learn from that practitioner,
- how to integrate what you learn from practices such as these into your ongoing life and work, including specific things you can do to facilitate that integration.
- I may also guide you through various experiential explorations to illustrate and clarify awareness and movement concepts, and to help you experience the kinds of change that you want to create. These explorations might involve mini-Awareness Through Movement lessons or other ways of moving, acting, and noticing. If you are working with my recorded materials, we might also explore the experiences those materials are meant to evoke in greater depth.
The objective of our work together should be to change the way you experience yourself. These experiential explorations thus lie at the core of our consultations. Discussion at the intellectual level is of value primarily to further and support experiential change.
My charge for consultation is $120 per hour, rounded to the quarter hour. This includes a recording. During the first session, you may terminate within 30 minutes without charge if you feel you are not benefiting from it. If we use SKYPE or Facetime the call is free, otherwise you will also be responsible for initiating the call.
For further information or to set up a consultation, please or call me at 310/454-8322.